The Department of Mental Health, formerly Patient Support Centre (PSC), was established in the year 1990 at its present site in the Old part of the Hospital behind the Human Resource Department. It was set up to provide counseling services to mainly HIV patients, many of whom were depressed and suicidal. Other patients who received counseling were those with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes mellitus, besides alcohol and other substance use disorders. Initially, it was staffed with one social worker and two nurse counselors.
Kết quả xổ số tháp đồngWith emerging psychiatric and psychological illnesses among patients receiving services at the PSC, the Hospital employed a Psychiatrist in 1992 together with more counselors and later an occupational therapist joined the team.
Kết quả xổ số tháp đồngWith time, the PSC started providing more services. It focused more on the provision of psychiatric, psychotherapeutic, psychosocial and rehabilitative occupational therapy services after the establishment of the Comprehensive Care Centre (CCC) in the Hospital.
Kết quả xổ số tháp đồngThe range of services provided at the department has expanded over time, currently these include:
- Child psychiatry services: This is a service offered to all children from 1-12 years who have neuro-developmental and other childhood psychiatric psychosocial disorders. The clinic runs every Monday from 8.00am (except on public holidays) at the department premises.
- Adolescent (Youth) Friendly Psychiatric and psychosocial services – These services are provided at the Youth Centre on the ground floor of the Hospital Tower Block on all working days (Monday to Friday) from 8.00am. The services are free of charge.
- Psychosocial and occupational therapy services
- Psychotherapy clinic – conducted on Tuesday mornings from 8.00am
- HIV counseling and testing (with or without giving a certificate) on every day of the week from Monday to Friday.
- Sexual and Gender Based Violence psychological and social services provided from Monday to Friday.
- Individual and family therapy – provided from Monday to Friday
- Group therapy session – These are held on a schedule
- Social services – provided by a medical social worker within the department from Monday to Friday
- Rehabilitative occupational therapy – provided on Mondays and Wednesdays during the clinic days.
- General Psychiatry services: Offered on Wednesdays from 8.00am within the department’s premises.
- Clinical psychology and counseling psychology student on attachments
- Liaison psychiatry and psychological services: Our clinicians are consulted to provide psychiatric and psychological services in other parts of the Hospital.
World Mental Health Day – Commemorated on 10th October of every year
Days of Activism against Gender Based ViolenceKết quả xổ số tháp đồng – marked from 25 November to 10 December.
Tel : 020 2726300 Ext. 44101, 43136