Our Mission is to develop safe and effective contraception for men.
Kết quả xổ số tháp đồngTo develop new forms of birth control for men that are:
- May be self-delivered
- Have health benefits for men
The primary objective of our study is to determine contraceptive efficacy for a couple provided by daily application by the male partner of a gel containing Testosterone and Nestorone
Kết quả xổ số tháp đồng A combination Gel with Nestorone and Testosterone
- 5ml of the gel is applied on the upper arms and shoulders daily
- Avoid close skin contact with another person (showering or wear protective clothing) for at least 4 hours to prevent transfer
Study site in Kenya is at the Couple Counseling Clinic, Kenyatta National Hospital
There are 9 study sites in Kenya, USA, UK, Chile, Sweden, Italy and Chile
General requirements for entering the study:
- Be heterosexual couple: Male, 18-50 years and female, age 18-34 years.
- Sexually active, in a stable, monogamous relationship for at least 1 year and plan to be in the relationship for duration of the study duration.
- Willingness to accept a low but unknown risk of conceiving a pregnancy for the duration of the study.
- Live in Nairobi and its environs
Requirements for the male partner:
- Be in good health and of normal height and weight. No current disease ( eg diabetes, HIV, hepatitis).
- Able to fast for at least 8 hours during the study prior to blood draws and abstain from sex for 2-7 days prior to scheduled clinic visit.
- No history of depression or other serious mental health disorder, including use of an antidepressant.
- No current or previous excessive alcohol use, illicit drug, including marijuana, or anabolic steroid abuse.
- Able to provide semen sample during clinic visits
Requirements for the female partner:
- Have regular menstrual cycles of 21-35 days in duration, when not using hormonal contraception.
- Intend to remain in a monogamous relationship with male study partner during study.
- Not breastfeeding or pregnant.