2020 - 2021 Request for Applications (RFA)
KNH Research Funding
Kenyatta National Hospital recognizes the importance of research as a strategy towards realization of its vision to be “A world class patient centered specialized care Hospital”. In this regard, the hospital has set aside funds to be disbursed through the Research and Programs Department to promote research within the hospital.
- KNH Personnel or affiliated to KNH
- Proposal should be original and likely to influence policy or practice
- Setting of the study must be KNH or relevant to KNH
- At least one investigator must be from KNH
Types of projects
- Quality of health care
- Quality Improvement:
- Example- Review of patient management and outcomes of treatment
- Adherence to protocols that influence patient care
- Review of management systems
Applications are not limited to the above and includes non-clinical areas.
Awards are Limited to a maximum of ksh.400,000.00
- Application letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal (Maximum 5 Pages double spaced)
- Policy implications
- Fulfil Award requirement
Approval of study proposal by KNH UoN Ethics Research Committee is not required during application.
- Letters of support from the KNH department where the study will be conducted.
- Postgraduate students will provide a letter from the chair of their department confirming that they have not received funding from other sources to conduct the study.
Funds Disbursement requirement
- Approval of study proposal by KNH UoN Ethics Research Committee.
- Disbursement shall be in tranches based on progress of the study.
- Commitment to disseminate results of the study to the hospital.
- Acknowledge KNH in all publications derived from this funding.
- Written approval from the hospital before each and every publication.
- An end of grant report upon completion of the project.
Submit your application electronically through http://alexmadman.com/index.php/funding-rfa/ the deadline for receiving the applications is 30th June 2020. Please do not hesitate to contact the department if you have any questions on 0202115953 or Ext.44705 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com